WRAS (Water Regulations Advisory Scheme) are a UK certification body. When working with water-based environments, we highly recommend these rubber materials to remain complaint.
The WRAS rubber material we supply and manufacture is EPDM which is one of our most reliable rubbers with high tensile strength, and good abrasion resistance.
Perfect for high elasticity applications. If you could send through your design, we can see if we have a standard profile to match.
Our bespoke tooling service is also available. This is where we can machine tool the correct extrusions profile that matches your design.
Typical applications for WRAS-Approved Extrusion profiles include:
- Long-life outdoor applications
- Water industry (WRAS accredited form)
- Gaskets that can be in contact in with drinking water
Features of our WRAS-Approved Extrusions include:
- Excellent weather properties, ozone, and oxygen resistance
- Good chemical resistance, especially to alkalis, dilute acids, glycols, water, and steam
- Good heat resilience (better than NR, IR, SBR and PU)
- Good abrasion resistance
- Good tear resistance
Materials extruded at Walker Rubber
At Walker Rubber we can manufacture extrusions in numerous grades and shore hardness of rubber. Our extrusions can go as soft as 20 Shore A or as hard as 80 Shore A. We have the ability to offer all the grades of rubber listed below: