Ethylene Propylene Diene Methylene to give its full name is the most popular rubber material that we supply and manufacture. We recommend it highly as it’s out most cost-efficient rubber on the market. It’s also one of the most reliable with high tensile strength, and good abrasion resistance.
EPDM can be vulcanised with both sulphur and peroxide due to its extra monomer Diene. Impressive temperature resistance be it high or low, great chemical resistance.
Please send through your design and we'll see if we have a standard profile to match.
Our bespoke tooling service is also available. We can machine tool a brand new profile to match your design.
Typical applications for EPDM Extrusion profiles include:
- Rubber roofing
- Electrical cables
- Car Radiator Hoses
- Wire and cable insulation
- Automotive seals and channelling
- Gaskets and seals for dishwashers, dryers, washing machines etc.
Features of our EPDM Extrusions include:
- Excellent weather properties, ozone, and oxygen resistance
- Good chemical resistance, especially to alkalis, dilute acids, glycols, water, and steam
- High operating temperatures
- Good heat ageing resistance
- Good abrasion resistance
- Good tear resistance
- Durable and long-lasting
Materials extruded at Walker Rubber
At Walker Rubber we can manufacture extrusions in numerous grades and shore hardness of rubber. Our extrusions can go as soft as 20 Shore A or as hard as 80 Shore A. We have the ability to offer all the grades of rubber listed below: