Bostik 2402 is a very good ‘all round’ adhesive based on Neoprene rubber. Neoprene provides the tack, adhesion, and the flexibility for the adhesive. The crosslinks and curing are provided by the addition of an isocyanate curing agent. Bostik 2402 is often paired with Bostikure D curing agent as a two-part cold curing adhesive system. Bostikure is a non-flammable isocyanate solution based on polymeric MDI. This two-part system results in a tough and resilient bond which is suitable for a range of industrial applications and exhibit good resistance to water, heat, and humidity.
For strong adhesion to metal Bostik 2402 can also be used with Bostik 9252 Metal Primer. This provides good protection oil and water when cured. To understand more about bonding rubber and metal, see our article Rubber-to-Metal Bonding.
- Tough bond
- Temperature resistance (-40 to + 90°C) – up to 1 year
- Good water resistance
- Resistant to oil, petrol, kerosene (except immersion)
- Resistant to dilute acid (H2S04), dilute caustic soda
- Good ageing properties
Can bond to:
- Most rubbers (NR, CR, IIR, PU)
- Ferrous metals
- Laminated Plastics
- Rigid PVC
Not recommended for use with:
- Plasticized PVC due to the possibility of plasticizer migration.
- Esters, ketones, aromatics, chlorinated hydrocarbons
- Contact with brass, copper alloys, solutions / compounds.
- 48 hours under normal ambient temperature conditions.
- The strength of the adhesive bonds will continue to increase for 7 days.
- Rubber linings
- Conveyer belts
- Aircraft Propeller Blades