What is Laminating?
Many common products are manufactured by laminating, which is the process of bonding layers of material together.
What Are Some Examples of Laminated Products?
Some common applications of lamination are:
- Adhesives being bonded to paper to make sticky labels.
- Layers of paper being laminated together to create decorative layers for wooden furniture.
- Paper being laminated by plastic film in offices.
Some less commonly known applications are:
- Horse mats being manufactured by laminating layers of rubber together with the top layer having footholds cut out.
- Firefighter’s pole mats consisting of a firm sponge layer bonded with a rubber layer for durability.
- Absorption washers being made by sandwiching a layer of foam between two layers of rubber.